California - Northern

I’m in a brand new member in southern Nevada county. I’m on a skosh under 10 acres of raw land (with well) and am wanting to keep some poultry. Starting with chickens, but ducks will also happen.

I’m thinking four egg layers to start with, kept in a mobile coop/tractor until Autumn rains. They’d be sharing a 3000+ sq. ft. run with a couple LGD pups that were raised with goats and poultry, and would be somewhat mobile, as the run is electrified poultry netting that I plan on moving from time to time.

Anyway, I’m here to get better educated on the ins and outs of chickens in Jefferson er, NorCal.
Howdy, neighbor! I'm in Nevada County, too. My chickens have air conditioning in their coop - haha! Misters are good, too, but my flock doesn't like them because of the noise they make. Your mileage may vary.

I have a similar setup, minus the LGD. Electric poultry netting = awesome. I have 19 chickens and 5 ducks.

As for heat tolerant, I recommend Naked Necks or Leghorns. If it's eggs your after, Leghorns all the way. But I find my chickens tolerate heat ok with a covered run, deep shade, lots of fresh water, and cool treats like refrigerated watermelon. Fans and misters are good, too. The air conditioning is just a bonus! I have 16 different breeds, and they all manage. My Welsummer and Spitzhauben do the poorest in high heat. My Naked Neck, Leghorns, and Plymouth Rock do best.

Hi everyone, I have 3 lavender ameraucana cockerels that I'm trying to rehome. I'm located in Sacramento but willing to drive them to somewhere in Northern California.

They are super cute with their puffy cheeks and beards coming in.

20220518_091555.jpg

Hello everyone!
I’m looking for a home for this cute pair! One hen and one rooster, approximately 12 weeks old right now. They are sweet, healthy and have really bonded together. At a minimum, I need to find a home for the rooster, as my city (Oakland, CA) doesn't allow roosters. I rescued them from a bad situation when they were about 4 weeks old, and didn't know one of them would turn out to be a rooster!

Looking for a home with some free-range space for them, where they won’t be raised for meat.

The hen is an Americana, so she’ll lay blue eggs. I think the rooster is a mix. I'm willing to drive them anywhere in northern California; just let me know where you're located.

Let me know if you’re interested.
Thanks!
Catherine
415-246-7631
pic.jpg
00V0V_3kUtsfPza0pz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00i0i_98P2IhswVU3z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00s0s_5j1jcmw4BSOz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Hello everyone!
I’m looking for a home for this cute pair! One hen and one rooster, approximately 12 weeks old right now. They are sweet, healthy and have really bonded together. At a minimum, I need to find a home for the rooster, as my city (Oakland, CA) doesn't allow roosters. I rescued them from a bad situation when they were about 4 weeks old, and didn't know one of them would turn out to be a rooster!

Looking for a home with some free-range space for them, where they won’t be raised for meat.

The hen is an Americana, so she’ll lay blue eggs. I think the rooster is a mix. I'm willing to drive them anywhere in northern California; just let me know where you're located.

Let me know if you’re interested.
Thanks!
Catherine
415-246-7631View attachment 3139866View attachment 3139867View attachment 3139868View attachment 3139869
I hope you find a home for them!

Hello! Need home for these two ducklings in Butte county (Chico), CA! I have only had them for 24 hours. Unfortunately my mom randomly gave me them as a "gift". I do not have enough yard space for adult ducks and I am also strangely enough possibly allergic to them! (I have never had ducks before). They are absolutely adorable and so sweet and friendly. They would also come with all the needed supplies and extra food and bedding!
All I care about is ensuring they go to a good home. They are being well taken care of in the meantime and are happy little babies.
IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

IMG_1502 2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom