California - Northern

First day went well. *knock on wood*. I was going to move the littles to the coop tonight as I did last night, but the rooster and the pullets are happily ensconced in a kennel, so I'm gonna let them bond.
It does take several days or so for them to home to the coop. It is like magic when they do since they will go home at dusk

Ok, the three newbies have been in the run since Saturday. They're choosing to sleep together in the dog kennel though. Should I start relocating them each night to the coop? Should I remove the kennel? I haven't seen any agression from the older birds, but the newbies aren't mixing/mingling at all.

Ok, the three newbies have been in the run since Saturday. They're choosing to sleep together in the dog kennel though. Should I start relocating them each night to the coop? Should I remove the kennel? I haven't seen any agression from the older birds, but the newbies aren't mixing/mingling at all.
Can you put the kennel in the coop? Just an idea.

If you are rehoming them to the coop, You can move them to coop each night which can take more than a week sometimes or you can close them in the coop for two days.

Both will work but moving them each night usually takes longer

Back
Top Bottom