California - Northern

Haven't heard any new info about Newcastle, but I am quite concerned.

Are any of you NorCal folks planning to get new chickens this spring/summer? I am, and I'm still trying to decide if I should cancel my order for June.

What are your plans/thoughts, my NorCal peeps?

Haven't heard any new info about Newcastle, but I am quite concerned.

Are any of you NorCal folks planning to get new chickens this spring/summer? I am, and I'm still trying to decide if I should cancel my order for June.

What are your plans/thoughts, my NorCal peeps?
I am going to hatch quail from my flock.

Hatching from eggs shipped out of state should be fine. Keep the chicks quarantined for 120 days though to be safe

FYI If you havent heard vND has been detected in the Bay area
https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/Newcastle_Disease_Info.html
CDFA report here

Biosecurity should be at the for front of your minds from now till the all clear. Keep your girls safe!
You all may want to save that link as it is updated about once a week, it has been since the outbreak in SoCal

FYI If you havent heard vND has been detected in the Bay area
https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/Newcastle_Disease_Info.html
CDFA report here

Biosecurity should be at the for front of your minds from now till the all clear. Keep your girls safe!
You all may want to save that link as it is updated about once a week, it has been since the outbreak in SoCal
Yep, thanks. We've been on it. That's why I asked what people are doing as far as flock management. I am still deciding on what to do about the chick order I am expecting in June...

Where are they coming from? From out of state and day olds I wouldn't think they would carry the disease. Then the quarantine SoCal is under says no birds are to be moved in or out of the area.
Not sure if that means bird just in the state and or if it means shipments from hatcheries out of state.

Back
Top Bottom