calcium gluconate

Bubblesandbambi

Chirping
Feb 24, 2023
Hi! Anyone know where I can get calcium gluconate for my ducks to feed them? I saw one in tractor supply but not sure how I would use that one. I would like one that would allow me to feed it to them. Any advice on how to give them calcium gluconate? Thank you

Can you tell us why you want to feed this to your ducks?
I made a post i dont know if you can see it on my profile but my ducks eggs have been coming out soft and my other duck won’t lay eggs anymore. Not sure if she is egg bound or not but I tried all sorts of things and someone recommended me to give them calcium gluconate.

Attachments

• 3EACD203-E481-4067-924B-77AC3EA00F5A.png
    3EACD203-E481-4067-924B-77AC3EA00F5A.png
    480.4 KB · Views: 9
Look in the pharmacy section of the store where they shelve the vitamins. You'll find calcium gluconate there. Give it only as long as it takes for her shells to become solid. Too much calcium for ducks can be harmful.

Look in the pharmacy section of the store where they shelve the vitamins. You'll find calcium gluconate there. Give it only as long as it takes for her shells to become solid. Too much calcium for ducks can be harmful.
Okay thank you! I didn’t know if that would be safe for ducks too. I’ll go and pick some up thank you! I saw another post of someone purchasing from tractor supply (attached an image) but wasn’t sure if that could be fedto my ducks or howww to feed it to them.

Attachments

• 66EB0287-E2D6-4151-99D7-55B4B4DFEFFF.png
    66EB0287-E2D6-4151-99D7-55B4B4DFEFFF.png
    586.3 KB · Views: 9
How long should I be giving the Calcium Gluconate? My domestic mallard girl had some soft shelled eggs & fairy eggs then nothing & now after doing .6 ml Cal. Gluco, .5ml Meloxicam, warm baths before bed & the usual unlimited oyster shell & her own egg shells for the last 3 days she is laid a hard shelled egg. She appears not to be in any distress--no spread tail feathers but how long should I continue this regime? **If Miss Lydia sees this, I'd love to hear from her. Will try reaching her directly but I am not so great w IT. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom