BYC's Random Funny Posting Thread! Hosts Mike & Sally

I don't care Ron, could never eat an ICON. Besides I hear lamb is very greasy - :sick
I have a recipe for lamb chops on the BBQ. They are not greasy and if you buy good australian grass fed lamb(costco has it here) it is very good for you too.

I did not like lamb growing up though

Well, here's an idea for all you who can't face eating lamb because it is young. Make a trip to Iceland and have it there. Simply the best thing I ever put in my mouth. And I'm one of those who cannot even eat my own chickens, no matter how old they are. Tender hearted like you. :)

But here's the thing, the little island can only support so many sheep, so there are a finite number of breeding sheep. In fact, you have to have a license to own a pair. They roam completely free all spring and summer and are gathered in the early fall to be kept safe from the weather. They breed on their own, at their own pace. There is no forced breeding at all.

All the young that were born that year would die in the wild, with the harsh winters, and they cannot accommodate them all in doors in the winter, hence, lamb is a main dish there. It is not greasy because they free range on mountainsides and eat moss and little plants that grow on the lava rock.

That being said, I bought some Washington raised lamb and it was simply the worst thing I ever ate. :sick Just like you say, greasy.

I have a feeling New Zealand lamb is a close second to Iceland. Probably similar circumstances, although not such harsh winters. I don't really know.

ETA: All that being said....I could NEVER eat Lamb Chop!!! Lamb Chop is a pet!!! Like my chickens. :D

Last edited:
auVrIfC.png

I have a feeling New Zealand lamb is a close second to Iceland. Probably similar circumstances, although not such harsh winters.
Welsh lamb is similar - they're all out roaming the hills all year round here. They are rounded up and brought down just for shearing and lambing, and occasionally for sheepdog training. If you haven't seen it before, this is just too funny

Back
Top Bottom