BYC Café

They are out in force around here. I tried to trap one (at least!) but the only thing that ended up in the live trap was a red squirrel. I let it go.
I've never tried to trap them after reading how very hard they are to trap. My main living area is on the back and upper floor of a walkout, easy to open the window and clip the critters. Well, easy when rabbits were a problem, they freeze when they hear the window open, but GH's are very skittish so takes more time to be able to get a shot.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
Today is going to be a very busy day to get the place ready to mulch. I have to build up the berm a little more, finish hand weeding, spray veg killer to get what I missed or where I need a full kill (like along the poultry netting), pressure wash the house and mow/weed whack everywhere. I am getting help for the 'shoveling of material for the berm' part.
It's a nice sunny day. I think I'll run the dogs before I go to the last yoga class this morning.
I got a ton of pea stone spread (2 loads), a yard of top soil spread (2 loads), got 11 new plants for the pond landscaping and planted them, got the very last of the huge stones off the lawn next to the house and placed, raked the weeds I pulled out of the veggie garden beds, cut the grass, moved the fence and cut the grass tight on the fence line, put the fence back and cut the grass for the first time this year in the chicken pen.

I stink and need a hot shower for more reasons than de-stink-a-fication.

I'll have to weed whack and grass kill tomorrow before I start pressure washing the house. That's all I plan to do tomorrow. Just get the house washed. Sunday I'll get help to spread the mulch.

I got a ton of pea stone spread (2 loads), a yard of top soil spread (2 loads), got 11 new plants for the pond landscaping and planted them, got the very last of the huge stones off the lawn next to the house and placed, raked the weeds I pulled out of the veggie garden beds, cut the grass, moved the fence and cut the grass tight on the fence line, put the fence back and cut the grass for the first time this year in the chicken pen.

I'll have to weed whack and grass kill tomorrow before I start pressure washing the house. That's all I plan to do tomorrow. Just get the house washed. Sunday I'll get help to spread the mulch.
That's all? I'm so very glad that you took my advice. :p

Here I am at this huge swap in Glen Allen VA. It is supposed to start raining by 8 and not let up until 3. Sigh. Wish I would have stayed home. 53° here and damp. I have 4 chickens to sell and one goat. Plus a load of my ceramic pieces. I need to set up my pop up tent and hope it doesn't blow away.
20240503_181051.jpg

I have 2 very nice spots, just near the main entrance. Slept in the U haul last night. Pretty cozy!

After reading through your lastest activities list, I came to the conclusion that someone from your health insurance company must be reading your posts here on BYC.

No wonder they don't see any need for further treatment. :p

Back
Top Bottom