BYC Café

Good morning all, I brought more coffee and some danish!

I'm looking forward to the eclipse. I'm having my teens and fella meet me at work (if it's not cloudy) and we're going up on the observation deck, even though it's still closed. (I work at the State Capitol building in Wisconsin). Saturday we picked up two new windows from the restore for the kitchen, and today we're snagging two antique back doors for our rear entry. We're SO close to pulling off siding and re-doing it all on our 152 year old farmhouse!

Good bog digging weather.
Remember left, right, left, right will help your plight. ;)

We are very near the path of totality. I've got my glasses and am ready to go.
Same here, our library had the glasses. Glad I got some early as they are now all gone.

Just some sprinkles here today. Got a bunch of errands run today.
Twice the task list had me anxious, but ti went so well I added a couple more stops, including a long time inkling for a cheeseburger.

Same here, our library had the glasses. Glad I got some early as they are now all gone.
With the 2017 eclipse we wouldn't get totality at our house, but the library still had free glasses since it'd definitely be visible. We waited in line for ages and finally ended up with a few pairs (siblings, parents, and annoying siblings all got some except the baby).

94% in Grand Rapids, MI.

A friend gave us a couple pairs of glasses about 2 months ago. He and his wife are travelling to the path.

We're going to go out into our field, I think. I'm going to take a pair of field glasses -- not for the eclipse! -- but to look over at the bees, and see what they do.
Just bee careful and don't get the idea of looking right at the sun.

Just bee careful and don't get the idea of looking right at the sun.
Thank you. Fortunately, the bees are downhill from where I'm going to go sit, so looking at them, I won't be looking anywhere near the direction of the sun.

I was thinking I'd look at them when the light starts to dim, to see if they come back to the hive. And then again when it starts to brighten up, to see if there's more activity.

Thank you. Fortunately, the bees are downhill from where I'm going to go sit, so looking at them, I won't be looking anywhere near the direction of the sun.

I was thinking I'd look at them when the light starts to dim, to see if they come back to the hive. And then again when it starts to brighten up, to see if there's more activity.
That'd bee interesting.

We've got bees too but they'll bee at home, not where we're going. (I mean, who has a beehive built into their car?)

Back
Top Bottom