BYC Café

Hi All! It's been a while. Life is a bit crazy at the moment.

I moved to the west coast this past fall, started a new full time job while I'm finishing the PhD, and I have a wedding to prepare for this year (my sister, in late April) for which I am growing the flowers. So... I just dropped off the map completely!

Hope all is well for everyone - I've got a lot to catch up on.

tempImageKaApxT.png

I moved to the west coast this past fall, started a new full time job while I'm finishing the PhD, and I have a wedding to prepare for this year (my sister, in late April) for which I am growing the flowers. So... I just dropped off the map completely!

View attachment 3771298
Welcome back Orca! We've been wondering where you went! Glad that you have started a new adventure and are still working on the PhD.

Congrats, Good Luck, and Welcome Back!

GOOD MORNING ALL!
GRRR :ducFH is aggravating at times WHY DO MEN HAVE TO BE SO UMMM WHAT'S THE WORD I'M LOOKING FOR? My mind is still asleep even though I'm 2 coffees in right now. Last night FH told me to get him up at 6 so I wanted until 6:15 then went to get him and he said get me up at 7. Now his phone is ringing more than likely a co-worker calling which will get him out of bed faster than I can.

Coffee is ready.

I did chicken maintenance last night and finally found why the big guy has been limping. His 4th toenail on the left leg is all black and gooey. I must have thought it was muddy the first time I looked at it.

I soaked him for a bit then dabbed it with a good coating of Blukote, sprayed his feathery legs with Lice Freee! and trimmed about 1/2" off the now bottom of his huge spur. It curves around180° from his shank then turns down 90° towards the ground. I need to get a cut off wheel on the Dremel to cut it down.

He got a butt fluff trim for poopicles dangling off the fluff as did Amelia and one of the Barnie girls. I trimmed Remington's spurs. She just stood there like a good girl but her spurs are only a little over an inch long and much narrower and easier to cut. Mallory needed a pedicure for some really long nails.

I felt good about doing this work. Anything other than just sitting around in a stupor.

I felt good about doing this work. Anything other than just sitting around in a stupor.
I haven't done that much 'tending' in quite awhile.
Chickens is what got me off my moping butt after my son died, first researching refocused my mind then started building almost a year after got the bod back to moving.

Rainy here, supposed to last all day, sounds nice.
It stopped for chores, then started back up when I was almost done.
The shavings in the nest didn't seem to be a problem, they bowled out nicely to still cover the framing inside the nest.
Might just start using those, I don't want to buy a bale of straw this time of year, so added some shavings to a couple other nests to ease the transition.

Chickens is what got me off my moping butt after my son died, first researching refocused my mind then started building almost a year after got the bod back to moving.
I switched my last work day from today to tomorrow so I could enjoy this last sunny warm day we'll have for a while.

This morning's refocusing is on finalizing the plans for the bog filter and ordering a few more pieces for it. I will then eat something, take the girls for a run and start digging up the plants around the area that needs to be excavated for the bog to get them out of the way. Also move some of the smaller stones from around the Helix filter down to ponds edge. Not too much to hurt my leg and nothing over 15# of lifting. Just do SOMETHING and move carefully.

MRI is scheduled for March 25, visit for the shot is scheduled for April 11 and I've asked to be put on the cancellation list to get the shot. I will call each morning after I get the MRI to ask if there is an earlier appointment.

Don't let this get out but sis gave me 6 of her 4mg tizanidine muscle relaxants to try in combo with the Pred and meloxicam. They really help knock things down to a low roar. I have 4 left.

View attachment 3771298
We missed you!

Back
Top Bottom