BYC Café

I already have a place I want him to go to and have left a message there.
If I can't find a place to accept him in 30 days, they have to extend to another 30 days to give me more time. But what I don't like is them telling me I have to apply to five different places and basically accept the first place that can take him. That's not going to happen.

But every single time I've moved him it causes him to make another decline that he doesn't recover from and this move is going to happen the same way. Something tells me that that longevity calculator is going to be right on the money when it said he's probably only going to live another 2 to 4 years.

And more big hugs for you and your DH. :hugs:hugs
Early onset Alzheimer's is so much faster than late onset!

I got a call from the Hearth when I was at work this morning and in a nutshell, they're kicking DH out because he's too far declined to meet their standards so he has to get moved into a nursing home.
That stinks DL :hugs :hugs :hugs

Obviously, I missed a lot of what was and is going on here at the Cafe during the last few months.

But my DH suffered a stroke at the end of September which kept me busy on overdrive with no time left for BYC or similar. He is just recently back at home and we are still busy readjusting our home for the new requirements and getting used to our new routine including lots of special stroke rehab training etc.
I wondered where you disappeared to.
Hope everything progresses as well as possible.

Just watched Where the Crawdads Sing.....it was damn near as good as the book.
Haven't watched the movie, but really enjoyed the book.

I watched Knives Out last night and really like that one! I don't have wifi yet, but finally figured out that I can connect my phone to my TV and use Amazon Prime. This feels cool to me and I'm guessing it's not all that cool. I'm happy for it, still :p

It's an icy mess with the weather in the 40's and rain. Quite the change, but this is much preferable. Until it freezes again, at least.
I was gone for a little over an hour taking DH home and hanging out with him for a bit. Came home, opened the back door and who comes tearing up to me, bouncing like a Mexican jumping bean
I could easily see this in my brain :lau Tiny bean. So glad she didn't cause mass destruction!

Haven't watched the movie, but really enjoyed the book.

I watched Knives Out last night and really like that one! I don't have wifi yet, but finally figured out that I can connect my phone to my TV and use Amazon Prime. This feels cool to me and I'm guessing it's not all that cool.
The movie was missing many details/descriptions that just can't be translated from a book to a movie, but overall it was a great adaptation.

I don't use any streaming services.....I just wait for the DVD's to come out. :gig
I was petrified that my new tv would automatically connect to the internet,
first thing it did was ask me to choose which signal it wanted me to use.
Noooo, noooo, nooooo....just the roof antennae.

The movie was missing many details/descriptions that just can't be translated from a book to a movie, but overall it was a great adaptation.

I don't use any streaming services.....I just wait for the DVD's to come out. :gig
I was petrified that my new tv would automatically connect to the internet,
first thing it did was ask me to choose which signal it wanted me to use.
Noooo, noooo, nooooo....just the roof antennae.
Do you fear the technology? I don't think I'm like tin-foil-hat afraid of it, but I'm not real excited on the Siri's and Alexa's of the world listening to conversations and showing me ads of things I've talked about. Cuz that ain't all they're doin'. Eek.

Did you see this coming?
Not this soon. Not at all.
I've forgotten how to tag people :idunno
@Meg-in-MT

You've been give too long girlfriend! :hugs

Puppy cuteness attack!! (I covered up her girlie parts :))
IMG_20221227_204331667.jpg

This is what Piper's coat looked like on Dec 10 when she was at the vet getting her health check for the certificate she needed for the flight to me.
View attachment 3359712

This video was taken yesterday.

I did share a picture with the breeder. I have not yet told her she's on a raw diet. She and her vet are very uneducated when it comes to good canine nutrition. And are using a VERY antiquated vaccine protocol.

The breeder gave me a $200 credit because she didn't like Piper's coat or ears when she was sent to me.

The ears are getting better too but I doubt I can get them to look proper because she should have had the nasal strips put in them about a week after the surgery to keep the scar tissue from contracting the outer edge of her ears and pulling them out and down. But they'll get better with me being more diligent about the strips and taping them up.
Wow, looks like a different dog!

Back
Top Bottom