BYC Café

I hope we're done with the raking now. Most of the oak leaves are down. We've raked and hauled piles to sit till spring. The snow will pack them down, and I'll take them off in sheets with a pitchfork.

If the high winds we'd had yesterday had been from the west instead of the south, they'd have been all over the yard again. My elbows are tired of raking.

If the high winds we'd had yesterday had been from the west instead of the south, they'd have been all over the yard again. My elbows are tired of raking.
Can you blow them to one side with the mower?
That's what I used to do...when I had a mower.

Just moved/dumped another haul of wood chippings.
Three feed bags, two ~15gal loads in tubs, two ~20 gallon loads in plastic garbage cans.
Thanks to my buddy for loading them all, 'cause unloading them about wore me out.
Run looks great!
Should still be in good shape for snow melt season.

Can you blow them to one side with the mower?
That's what I used to do...when I had a mower.
Yeah, that's what hubby did. But we needed to get the piles moved. We have long (loooong) stacks of wood up on cinderblocks and 4x4s. We keep the leaves from piling under the stacks so there's more air flow underneath. That really helps to dry out the wood.

The stuff at the edge of the lawn could have been raked over the hill, but I did want as many piles as possible for mulch next spring.

I remember the days of raking all the leaves. BIG job. But I was younger then too...

Where are all of you?
Putting out the garbage for collection, washing laundry, grinding dog nails and brushing teeth, picking up feed, dropping off car for October inspection :)oops:) and finishing building the deck for BIL. Thanks for the coffee!!

I've decided to go ahead with the partial toe amputation. He's completed 3 weeks of antibiotics and it's gotten worse. He's also going to have a dental while he's under so he doesn't have to have a second anesthesia. I hope this is the last time he ever has to go under anesthesia. I'm nervous about the entire procedure because he has that heart murmur.
IMG_20221107_104235676.jpg

Back
Top Bottom