BYC Café

It kills me to have to tell them they’ll have to buy them
I suppose you could buy the eggs and deliver them, better than dying!

I can guarantee that that little girl would have thrived in my care with my happy, stable, well adjusted dogs. Their loss.
I bet if you could have taken Bella to meet her they would have been fine together after a few minutes of butt sniffing.

I suppose you could buy the eggs and deliver them, better than dying!

I bet if you could have taken Bella to meet her they would have been fine together after a few minutes of butt sniffing.
We’re all very spoiled. No one in the neighborhood wants to eat a store bought egg.

Same with Dobermans. And apparently min pins.

I don't want a puppy and too many "breeders" don't know their own breed well enough to breed for quality dogs, health being of utmost importance. And then there are the mills and backyard breeders which no one should ever support.
I only want to offer a home to a dog in need but it has to fit my household. I don't want a "fragile" min pin that has been breed too petite. They are sturdy, bold little dogs. I want a little pistol like Fuji was that can go on the hikes with my current dogs.
Which makes me wonder about the validity of the girl I wanted to adopt being scared is large dogs. I've never met a min pin that was afraid of any dog.

Oh, I totally agree with that. These reasons are a huge part of the reason I prefer working dogs and Jack Russells in particular. They’re tough as nails and healthy as they come usually. They have spirit - although others might have a different name for this. 🤣 I would also never support backyard breeders or mills. Aside from all the other ethical issues, that’s where the need for rescues stems from. The lady I got Buoy from will take any dog of her’s back no questions asked - I’ve only seen it ever happen once during the time long I’ve known her and she promptly found it a suitable place. She doesn’t breed for profit, but for herself to work on improving the lines (all aspects, including health as a primary).

I do hope you find the perfect dog for your home. One that fits in well and you don’t have to jump through crazy hoops to get to. Maybe this one just wasn’t the right fit regardless of the decision?

Hauled out the extension ladder today and got the big shade cloth down and put away.
Finished assembling the winter waterer and cleared the washer and dryer 'workbench' so I can do laundry tomorrow.
Warm again today, ~70°F, supposed to stay in the 60's for the next week.
Gonna go get more wood chippings for the run this weekend,
'trading' for the bags of old coop bedding.

Am I bat crazy bringing my brussle sprouts in the house to finish. As we expected or where to have snow next week that seems to changed to rain.
20221103_154734.jpg
20221103_154757.jpg

Back
Top Bottom