BYC Café

Yeah...what he said! :goodpost:I skidded onto the back of a big pickup with my little pickup full of wood. The road was wet and my tires were old. Deployed my airbag and punched a hole in my grill...did nothing to his truck. My truck was totaled because the airbags deployed. I got a black eye and bruised badly on both arms from the bags. Those things will hurt you bad!:eek:
The car that was hit on the side had side curtain air bags. It was impressive to see!

There used to be a hen called Dink here. Every night (more or less) she would climb the magnolia tree and perch on a branch at roost time. It was always the same branch and in the same spot on it. I used to get her down every night. There was no fuss, this was I assume as far as Dink was concerned how one went to roost at night.
Since Dink's death I haven't had to get anyone out of the tree at night. All the other chickens come down when I cal them.
Tonight I was closing up and Donk, one of Dink's daughters was missing. I just happened to look up the tree (I've been looking up that tree for Dink for five years or so, so it's a habit) and there was Donk, in exactly the same spot as her mum.:confused:

As difficult as I'm finding it to believe, I've got the stove going a week away from June.:he
It's not really cold, it's just not really warm either. It's also got that November dampness in the air.
I'm going to check what my thermal underwear situation is.:rolleyes:
It is in the 50s to 60s today with overcast skies.

It could be going on 100 normally

There used to be a hen called Dink here. Every night (more or less) she would climb the magnolia tree and perch on a branch at roost time. It was always the same branch and in the same spot on it. I used to get her down every night. There was no fuss, this was I assume as far as Dink was concerned how one went to roost at night.
Since Dink's death I haven't had to get anyone out of the tree at night. All the other chickens come down when I cal them.
Tonight I was closing up and Donk, one of Dink's daughters was missing. I just happened to look up the tree (I've been looking up that tree for Dink for five years or so, so it's a habit) and there was Donk, in exactly the same spot as her mum.:confused:
Awww! That story made me tear up!

Morning Cafe peoples! If anyone cares to join us for a late brunch @Pawpawchick is making his yummy pancakes while I cook the ham and eggs! Real maple syrup and fresh dark roast coffe along side. Y'all come and get it!

I'm too late! I'm too late! Uuuugh!!

I am not Dr Suess, I'm not!
Green eggs and ham just looks like snot!
I would not eat them, no I won't
You could not cramp them down my throat! :lau:gig:eek:

:lau:gig

Okay, Café, an afternoon pot is brewed. Up early and we went to a field trial up by Wilkes Barre, Pa. Dog performed well and ended up with a third. It was a well judged trial came close to winning, but circumstances got in the way of that, and the judges did the right thing.

Glad to hear you were pleased with the dog's performance.
Thanks for the afternoon cup.

I'm rather discouraged. I called all the rental places trying to find a hydraulic auger to dig the holes for the concrete piers for the new run. No luck. Started digging by hand and hit and big flat rock covering most of the hole diameter at 32" down. I spent a good 30 minutes trying to bust it up. No luck. So I ended up cleaning the brooder and sat and watched the chicks instead. Very productive.
I'm hoping the neighbor kid can help me. I know they have an auger and all kinds of fun toys next door. The problem is he works 6 days a week and I hate to ask.

Everywhere you try to shovel here, within the first couple of inches you will hear an unmistakable screech of shovel meets boulder. The way to plant is raised beds. The dog runs were just clay fill to even out the deep slope. Years and years and years of me shoveling tons of pea gravel = great draining runs. After the dogs were gone , sold most of the run fencing :smack how stupid but needed the cash. When the dogs were here not one speck of weeds grew in the gravel. After they and the panels were down, every weed in the world took over. Guess dog pee was great as weed prevention. Who knew?

Last edited:
Okay, Café, an afternoon pot is brewed. Up early and we went to a field trial up by Wilkes Barre, Pa. Dog performed well and ended up with a third. It was a well judged trial came close to winning, but circumstances got in the way of that, and the judges did the right thing.

3rd is not too shabby. :clap Are these dogs named?

Back
Top Bottom