BYC Café

Didn't like the soup with matzoh balls, didn't like the last two batches of cookies. It has occurred to me that it isn't the food, it's me. I've been noticing more and more that things I eat don't taste right.

My brother doesn't seem phased by it at all, he eats any and all food with great gusto and ever increasing waistband. He is about 5'6 or 5'7" now and has touched 200 lbs. He works out at cardiac rehab several times a week. His doctor is not all all pleased about the weight..
Dr.says as you age you loose taste buds :idunno. So food really doesn't taste the same.
This is why a lot of very elderly folks end up so thin and frail. Food just doesn't taste good so they eat less and less. Actually that is probably good in some ways, food costs too much.

Last edited:
Think I'll have to run this past the "Old Folks Home," to see what they think. Plus my anxiety is kicking up, my SSRI isn't doing it's job and I've had mild palpitations again!

I can just hear Roseann Roseanna -Dana from the Golden Days of Saturday Night Live
saying "It's Always something." :idunno

Back
Top Bottom