BYC Café

Just a natural born arsonist, right CF? :lol:

Hi Scott, enjoy your great weather!
We had 10 acres in TN that had been clear cut. So lots of "junk" trees cut and just left laying everywhere. I had lots of goats, so we fenced and cross fenced. I would take one pasture at a time and stack all the dead wood in multiple piles and burn in the evening. I dislike the lazy method of using accelerators to start a fire. I just collect sufficient tinder to get it going.
Now we have a similar problem, lots of dead wood, especially pine that has fallen among the big trees. I am always careful to clean up flammables in the area of the fire so it does not get out of control. Plus having a hose nearby is a good idea. There are so many trees here we have to be careful when picking a place for a fire pit. Almost always greenery overhead.

Ugh, i got a game cam and our laptop does not have a slot to read cards! Just my luck!
I had that on one of my computers. Do you have a usb slot and a digital camera? I used that to download the pictures and then weed them out from there (The sun sets off my camera for hundreds of pictures at a time)

I had that on one of my computers. Do you have a usb slot and a digital camera? I used that to download the pictures and then weed them out from there (The sun sets off my camera for hundreds of pictures at a time)
Actually, there is a slot on the lap top, he just had a hard time finding it. We have a squirrel and a bird. The night time pics are too bright to tell anything. The batteries are dying after 2 days. Bah!

Actually, there is a slot on the lap top, he just had a hard time finding it. We have a squirrel and a bird. The night time pics are too bright to tell anything. The batteries are dying after 2 days. Bah!
That doesn't sound right we've had ours out for 2 years and have only changed the batteries twice.
Btw... my avatar is actually a moose that one of our cams took.

That doesn't sound right we've had ours out for 2 years and have only changed the batteries twice.
Btw... my avatar is actually a moose that one of our cams took.
Those batteries were some my dad had sitting around. No telling how old they were, even though in the package.

Back
Top Bottom