Buff Orpington Roo Free in Vermont

Gldnrose

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 6, 2013
GreenMountains/Vermont
He is gorgeous and is a good rooster. He is 28 weeks old.
I just don't have enough hens for him and am not planning on getting anymore at the present time.
I hope for him to go to home to be part of a flock and not dinner :eek:(
I am in Central Vermont.
Any takers?????

i wish i was near by you i just sent some year & 1/2 old buff orpington hens to freezer camp
a few of those would have been just what the doctor ordered
stop think of getting rid of chickens & start thinking about adding more...you know you want to
lau.gif

i wish i was near by you i just sent some year & 1/2 old buff orpington hens to freezer camp
a few of those would have been just what the doctor ordered
stop think of getting rid of chickens & start thinking about adding more...you know you want to
lau.gif
Maybe some day I will have more but for right now I have enough. First time chicken owner, wanted to start slow. Am totally enjoying it so far and two of the girls just started laying eggs a few weeks ago. Still waiting on the others to start.
I guess I will have him for awhile more though, no one seems interested, lol.
I just hate to send him to freezer camp, he is so pretty and he really is a good rooster
sad.png

well how many hens is he asking for? you say you don't have enough for him
pop.gif

LOL Well I guess I should have said the girls wished he had more, there's not enough of them to go around if you know what I mean.
hmm.png

and everywhere I have read, people suggest that you should have 10-12 hens per rooster.

LOL Well I guess I should have said the girls wished he had more, there's not enough of them to go around if you know what I mean.
hmm.png

and everywhere I have read, people suggest that you should have 10-12 hens per rooster.

well due to his young age he may need to work on his "loving skills"
those young roosters can be a bit rough till they figure it all out
young hens may also not enjoy the breeding process till they are a bit older

so if you process this buff rooster there will be no other boys in your flock? or do you have another roo?

if he is your only rooster there are a couple good reasons why you should keep him
a rooster only wants 2 things in this world
1. to fill your backyard with his offspring
2. to protect your hens from things with big teeth with his life if needed so he can fill your backyard with his offspring
so unless you have your girls locked inside a really well built building 24 hours a day
sooner or later something with big teeth (stray dogs come to mind)will show up & try to attack your hens. dogs are good diggers & they are strong enough to rip chicken wire if there is chicken on the menu :(

i myself would hate to have to replace young laying hens that are worth $20/$25 each so i keep a rooster around
if he starts getting nasty with me or my wife he gets replaced

good luck

piglett

Last edited:
B
He is gorgeous and is a good rooster. He is 28 weeks old. I just don't have enough hens for him and am not planning on getting anymore at the present time. I hope for him to go to home to be part of a flock and not dinner :eek:( I am in Central Vermont. Any takers?????
eautiful rooster do you still have him? Michigam

Back
Top Bottom