Buff Orpington haters and lovers WAR!!!

Will you fight for buff orp love

• Total voters
Pampered chicken girl, the queen of Bufflovera, had to tell her people about something dreadful. "People of Bufflovera, I have terrible news! But I got a message from EmmaRainboe, the queen of Buffhaterstan, that they have a solution for this disagreemment between our two kingdoms. So in the short version, they declare war!" The crowd gasped and murmured, until the queen called for silence. "But will we hide away, frightened? NO! We will fight back, unafraid, with weapons at the ready! She says we'll fight in the field between the mountains tomorrow, and EmmaRainboe will have no idea what she's up against." After Pampered chicken girl's speech, they started to prepare for the battle. And the next day, sure enough, was the Buffhaterstan army waiting in the center of the field with her troops. After a pause, the Buffloverans charged into battle.

This is war.
Mediate The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

Um, lovers? Haters? You over here?
(Did I tag correctly?)

Most Buff Orpingtons have lost their utility qualities. The late Walt Leonard told me about an exhibition breeder who had exhibition Orpingtons that, in his words, "laid like Leghorns."

It seems the breeder trap nested and bred for high performance layers, which is something you can learn about if you get Dryden's book. Dryden bred the first hen to lay more than 300 eggs in a laying year and disproved the claims that laying could only be improved by "better management." Breeding to improve laying could be a fascinating project.

On the other hand, Orpingtons are good natured, quiet, cuddly, gentle, and great backyard pets. High production strains, if you can find them, add performance to the package.

Back
Top Bottom