amynw

Songster
Apr 25, 2020
Hello again everyone!
On todays adventure, I added four baby chicks to our family. All babies are happy and healthy right now for those who have been on my other posts. I got these 4 chicks around 3 today. I have one little girl who just seems much more lethargic than the others. She hasn't been in the box scratching around with the other 3. Shes very relaxed. Peeps every now and then. She drinks when I give it to her. I havent seen her eat but a few pecks one time and that's it. I gave her some mashed up chick starter and she took a few teeny tiny nips of that. But for the most part she just sits around. She peeps when I put her in the box, but then when I pick her up shes silent and doesnt put up a fight. Right now shes laying under my sweatshirt on my chest, on my bare skin. She seems very content right now. When I put her back down in the box, she starts chirping a lot, but doesn't move around. They are on Medicated purina chick starter. They have the lamp, 94°. They have room to move away from light if need be, and water. I asked TSC how old they were and they said 1-3 days depending on if they hatched in truck. Could she just be tired? Or do you think it's a grim outlook? I gave her some sugar water but shes still very relaxed. About an hour ago she was laying on her back eyes closed and my heart dropped. Went to pick her up and her eyes shot open and peeped and sat back up. I can't tell if I'm dealing with a sick or sleepy chick that just took a liking to me. She peeps occasionally under my shirt. But once shes in the box it is repetitive peeps

Attachments

• Snapchat-654088069.jpg
    Snapchat-654088069.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Snapchat-1823997179.jpg
    Snapchat-1823997179.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 7
I think you are doing everything right and there is always going to be that one chick that doesn't survive out of all those chicks being hatched (hopefully this one makes it!) My chick was on their back and acting the same and sadly died the day we got it. Does she seem to be getting better?

I think you are doing everything right and there is always going to be that one chick that doesn't survive out of all those chicks being hatched (hopefully this one makes it!) My chick was on their back and acting the same and sadly died the day we got it. Does she seem to be getting better?
My husband asked if I was already attached. Of course I am. I love all my fluffy butt ladies. I hope she makes it. She doesnt seem to be doing worse or better, just the same. When I put her in the box, she peeps loud for a few seconds until I pick her up, then shes silent. She peeps occasionally under my shirt but not a lot. Shes very very calm. I'll feel her readjust some times but that's it. Eyes closed, relaxing

My husband asked if I was already attached. Of course I am. I love all my fluffy butt ladies. I hope she makes it. She doesnt seem to be doing worse or better, just the same. When I put her in the box, she peeps loud for a few seconds until I pick her up, then shes silent. She peeps occasionally under my shirt but not a lot. Shes very very calm. I'll feel her readjust some times but that's it. Eyes closed, relaxing
She's a fighter! I pray that she does make it :D

It doesnt seem promising. I put her back in the box and she just laid down. Sprawled out. I told her she is loved and told her goodnight. Poor baby :hit

Back
Top Bottom