Buckeye Hen Suspected Sour Crop Has Green Runny Poop

Pics
Unfortunately, it looks like she has other underlaying health issues that caused the sour crop. My guess is it could be reproduction problems. You can give her some vitamins and a little oregano leaves to support her immune system. Maybe cover her cage to make it dark most the time, so her body stops produce eggs.
She has not been producing eggs for around 2 months now. I have been giving her vitamins, I will try the oregano!

She has not been producing eggs for around 2 months now. I have been giving her vitamins, I will try the oregano!
You wouldn't see any eggs if she's internally laying. If you see some yellow poop, she might have infection from internal laying or even liver problems. If only green poop, just keep her on vitamins and a little bit of oregano leaves to see if it helps.

You wouldn't see any eggs if she's internally laying. If you see some yellow poop, she might have infection from internal laying or even liver problems. If only green poop, just keep her on vitamins and a little bit of oregano leaves to see if it helps.
There were times it seemed like the poop was yellow but I didn't know if it was just some of the green mixing with the white and then it drying up. Should she be culled if she is internally laying?

There were times it seemed like the poop was yellow but I didn't know if it was just some of the green mixing with the white and then it drying up. Should she be culled if she is internally laying?
There are few cases that some hens recovered from internal laying though. You can keep an eye on her. If she suffers, you may want to consider put her down. If she's doing ok, you can wait to see if she will stop internal laying and recover. Antibiotics may help some bacterial infections caused by internal laying, but she keep laying internally, she will keep getting more infections and other problems.

Final update. I had to cull the hen because she was suffering and wasting away. I could feel her breast bone about an inch back, she was just bone and no muscle despite constantly having availability to the chick feed.

Back
Top Bottom