Bruises all over egg at hatch time

New duck mommy 2021

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Oct 19, 2021
Medicine Hat , alberta , Canada
Hello
I’m looking for help for a duckling egg that is in trouble
Earlier today we noticed the air cell had dropped and you could see baby’s back against the air cell making breathing movements but no beak to be found. There was a bruise just above the air cell
We made the safety hole in the bruise just a tiny pin hole ( treating it just like a wrong end baby ) 12 hours later this egg has bruising all over it. The air cell has dropped even further now past where we made the little hole
Baby is still breathing as we see the shadows of it on the lower side of the air cell. But still no beak to be found. We can hear him peeping and taping noises
Would the bruising be that he has got some blood veins trying to pip out ?

Anyone else have an egg with bruising all around it. Did baby hatch and live ?
I feel so helpless as I can’t do anything more as it’s not been long enough
Sorry I didn’t get a picture I will when I go back in the morning
These eggs are at the school as a class hatch
4 out of the 5 have successfully hatched in the last 24 hours.

Sorry no one replied yet. What's happening now?
He has hatched but he is struggling
He had an air cell at each end and didn’t get through either. This means he only had a small space to grow and hatch
I didn’t know this till I got him out.
He seems like he has wry neck and his legs are not working right. I have him in a sock with his legs against his belly and this seems to help him with his neck
He has made a little progress since this morning
I also gave him nutridrench and vitamin B complex once he starts to eat I’ll try vitamin E over his feed.
He is trying hard so I’ll keep trying
Only time will tell if this is fixable or something that’s permanent

He has hatched but he is struggling
He had an air cell at each end and didn’t get through either. This means he only had a small space to grow and hatch
I didn’t know this till I got him out.
He seems like he has wry neck and his legs are not working right. I have him in a sock with his legs against his belly and this seems to help him with his neck
He has made a little progress since this morning
I also gave him nutridrench and vitamin B complex once he starts to eat I’ll try vitamin E over his feed.
He is trying hard so I’ll keep trying
Only time will tell if this is fixable or something that’s permanent
bless him, do you have him at home where you can monitor him?

This is his egg shell you can see the membrane blocking the narrow end of the egg
His other air cell kept dropping through his hatch to. I had to pull his head and neck out and finish him in his shell in a cup for about 16 hours
He was hardly breathing when I made that choice
After that he started to breath normal and absorb
Weird thing was there was no visible when he still had a pretty big yolk left. I think he hit many veins trying to find a way out

Attachments

• 7926F840-7432-47D0-86E7-628C751DAD92.jpeg
    7926F840-7432-47D0-86E7-628C751DAD92.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 15
This is his egg shell you can see the membrane blocking the narrow end of the egg
His other air cell kept dropping through his hatch to. I had to pull his head and neck out and finish him in his shell in a cup for about 16 hours
He was hardly breathing when I made that choice
After that he started to breath normal and absorb
Weird thing was there was no visible when he still had a pretty big yolk left. I think he hit many veins trying to find a way out
oh wow! Poor baby... I hope he'll be okay... Keep us updated. I'm glad he has you to look after him!!

Back
Top Bottom