Broody goose only day 11 and already looks so thin!

I once had a goose die while brooding. Not sure if she starved or did not get enough water. But from that point on, if I have a broody goose not properly caring for herself when broody, I will either bust up the nest or bring food and water to her nest.
oh no this is what I am worried about! I think I should try to get an incubator so I can finish them inside and let her get off brooding asap. I need recommendation for one that ships fast (amazon) and does well with goose eggs and not too expensive! 100 or less?

If you want the babies to hatch, I'd let her finish brooding. But I'd pour a pile of grain on side of nest and put a dish of water as close as possible to nest. I believe she will slip off nest to drink if no one is looking.

If you want the babies to hatch, I'd let her finish brooding. But I'd pour a pile of grain on side of nest and put a dish of water as close as possible to nest. I believe she will slip off nest to drink if no one is looking.
That’s funny “if no one is looking.. “
i’ve been praying for her to get her appetite back at least a little bit and she came out about an hour ago and actually ate three pieces of Romain lettuce out of my hand, which is normal for her, but she was refusing them the past two weeks. and I saw her eat some of the all flock feed as well- at least a few bites. I do have bowls of food and water close to her nest. It just seems like the food never needs refilling so I’m going to try to weigh her tonight. I know she used to be 13 pounds. I want to see what she weighs now. I know Charlie’s gonna try to murder me for touching her, but I have to figure out how to do it without him in the room, lol

I set down a big bowl of water with scratch in it and she loved it , the first time I saw her take more than 2 bites before going back to nest, thanks
Its amazing but my birds love slurping and pulling up the grain at the bottom of the bowl. Gotten allot of don't feel good birds to eat that way. When we go to a show thats how I feed them there under so much stress they dont want to eat or drink. But a goose is always up for a play toy. Grain in water best toy ever.

Back
Top Bottom