Brooder set up pictures please

2seth2

Songster
8 Years
Nov 6, 2011
Reno,NV
I was hopeing some people would hav pictures of thier brooder set up for me. If i am correct you keep chicks in the brooder till they are 6 weeks old( tell me if I am wrong). And i was woundering how you make a brodder that holds them in.

Well I t all depends on the breed and how big your brooder is. I am also rearing chicks who are getting bigger every day so maby by next week I'll move them. Hao big are our chicks anyway?

I have one ;) Shes a big chick but she also reminds me of the God Father. She sends other chicks to fix misbehavior and when one does stand up to her the little male phoenix (who seems to adore her) comes running over to defend her. Its really adorable!

Amy that brooder rocks! I'd love to have one like that for our chickies, but with 2 dogs and 2 cats I'd never be able to keep them safe.

Seth, I made our brooder out of a plastic tote, cut the top out and covered it with chicken wire, and put it in the master bath tub. I keep the bedroom door shut to keep all the predators out, but if they do get in, the babies are still safe. Just the other day one of my J.R's got in there, and was trying to chew the top!
somad.gif
Needless to say she got in big trouble, but all the chickies are just fine.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom