Brinsea ovation 28 ex humidity issues - any suggestions?

Just purchased.  put it together according to directions.   humidity is stuck at 17% despite setting it higher and fixing tubes as they are supposed to be.   getting frustrated.

:-(   Any suggestions?

Is that the built in gauge reading that? I'd double check with another hygrometer and see if it's the digital display that's stuck and if so I would report it to Brinsea so they can tell you what to do or get it fixed for you.

I don't see any water coming through the tubing.   I've contacted them and awaiting a reply.   frustrating.   

Could be a problem with the humidity pump then :( Can you add some water directly to the incubator and see if the reading changes? If so you'll know it's a humidity pump issue.

Not sure on how the ovations work, but have you ensured that there's no air in the tubing? I know that if one doesn't remove air in the tubing of other Brinsea's then the it cannot pump water into the bator.

Just got one myself, was dubious when I put the tubing on but works fine. If you watch mine for a while you see occasional drips out of tube onto channel. Do you have photos- I'll try to help?

Last edited:
i was wondering about that. it doesn't say anything in the directions about that though. how do you do that?

I just sucked the on the tube till the water came, then connected it (keeping the end pinched, so no air would get back in).

Last edited:
I just sucked the on the tube till the water came, then connected it (keeping the end pinched, so no air would get back in).

got off the phone with Brinsea again. The guy told me that there may be tiny pinholes in my tubing. I changed tubing and it looks like the unit is operating. I asked him about sucking (as I did try this last night) and he said that that shouldn't be needed. Fingers crossed this continues to work. Thanks for your feedback.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom