Breeding a tolbunt polish and frizzle

I sounded like you don't know what the breed is. If you don't, then I will tell you. It is a frizzled buff laced polish. So if you bred him you would prob get something laced, because I am pretty sure tolbunts were made using gold laced polishs and mille fleur polishs.
The lady was telling me he was a polish, I just wasn't sure exactly what kind. Maybe buff polish .

This is the best zoom in of one of my hens I could do when I was cleaning up a polish coop. And the lady told me she wasn't sure what kind of polish when she got it as a chick, just that it was a frizzled polish straight run. Now he's grown and so she knows he's a roo. I wasn't sure if those colors were what they considered a buff polish frizzle. I just wanted to make sure he is safe to be with my tolbunt hens
What do you mean "safe"

Like not cross breeding? I wasn't sure if that was considered a cross bread if they are both polish but different colors. I'm excited to see what colors would come out if bred.
It is not a cross breed, because it is 2 different colors, and mixing colors is not crossbreeding,
where crossbreeding is crossing 2 completely different breeds.

It is not a cross breed, because it is 2 different colors, and mixing colors is not crossbreeding,
where crossbreeding is crossing 2 completely different breeds.
Ok. Do you think I'll get any frizzle tolbunt colors? I think instead of getting the frizzle polish that has more white leakage I'm going to get the other one that has more dark frizzle feathers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-095253_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-095253_Facebook.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 13
Ok. Do you think I'll get any frizzle tolbunt colors? I think instead of getting the frizzle polish that has more white leakage I'm going to get the other one that has more dark frizzle feathers.
You wont get any mottled from your hens all offspring would be split but if both have lacing all chicks would be laced

If the father is frizzle and the mother is not, about half the chicks should be frizzles.

You probably won't get any actual tolbunts, because of how the mottling gene works (it's what makes the white tips on the colorful feathers.)
This is what my hens look like. They were free ranging with my silkie babies best pic I could get

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-103607_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-103607_Gallery.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20220105-103527_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-103527_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom