Breathing issue

roshan kumar

Hatching
Aug 18, 2017
my hen is breathing through mouth with noise and taking her tougue out
Anyone who knows what is it and how this can be cured please please
Respond to this

How old is this chick? I assume you mean "pullet" as "hen" refers to an adult chicken. Or are you speaking about a grown hen that lays eggs? How old is she? When was the last time she laid?

If this chick is a week old to four weeks old, it may be having crop issues due to lack of grit for its digestion. Sand is necessary for the gizzard in chicks that are being fed grains and food scraps. If you have it indoors, it isn't getting grit unless you are feeding it some sand with its food.

If you look at the vent where the poop comes out, if you see pasting over, you can assume the chick may be constipated. Take some coconut oil and break off tiny bits and stuff it into the beak until you get a good spoon full into the chick. Massage the tiny bulge on the right of its chest to mix the oil into the crop contents. Then you need to clean the feces off the butt and clear the vent so it can poop. Using melted coconut oil and a soft cloth. Do not rub the tissue on the vent or it will inflame and swell.

You will need to wait for a few hours for the oil to work, but it should pass a large turd and start to feel better.

The chick may also be too hot or too cold. How are you keeping it warm? How hot is it where you have the chick? Is the chick getting cool water to drink?

The hen is around 2 years old and she is been laying eggs for one month now . Now recently I observed that her tougue has come out of her mouth . Please respond fast . Help

How old is this chick? I assume you mean "pullet" as "hen" refers to an adult chicken. Or are you speaking about a grown hen that lays eggs? How old is she? When was the last time she laid?

If this chick is a week old to four weeks old, it may be having crop issues due to lack of grit for its digestion. Sand is necessary for the gizzard in chicks that are being fed grains and food scraps. If you have it indoors, it isn't getting grit unless you are feeding it some sand with its food.

If you look at the vent where the poop comes out, if you see pasting over, you can assume the chick may be constipated. Take some coconut oil and break off tiny bits and stuff it into the beak until you get a good spoon full into the chick. Massage the tiny bulge on the right of its chest to mix the oil into the crop contents. Then you need to clean the feces off the butt and clear the vent so it can poop. Using melted coconut oil and a soft cloth. Do not rub the tissue on the vent or it will inflame and swell.

You will need to wait for a few hours for the oil to work, but it should pass a large turd and start to feel better.

The chick may also be too hot or too cold. How are you keeping it warm? How hot is it where you have the chick? Is the chick getting cool water to drink?
The hen is around 2years old and she is been laying eggs for a month now . Now recently I observed that her tougue has come out of her mouth .

Are you having some very hot weather? Where is your hen, indoors in your house or outside? How hot is it where you have her. What does the thermometer read? Is she protected from direct sun?

What color is her comb? Has it gone from red to a greyish purple? When you put your ear close to her head, do you hear any rattling sound when she breathes? Are there any bubbles in her eyes? Any fluid coming out of her beak holes (nares)?

Look at her vent (cloaca). Is it red and enlarged? Is there swelling under neath? Is there any fluid coming out? What color is it? When was the last time she laid an egg? How often would she lay? Every day? Every other day?

Is she drinking and eating? Will she drink if you offer her water? Are her eyes open and bright? Or are they closed?

Back
Top Bottom