Breach hatching with leaking yellow fluid

Magpie2

Songster
Dec 7, 2021
We have an egg hatching on the pointy end with yellow fluid leaking out. Day 25 hatch.
1715285887361.jpeg

It’s not peeping at the moment but it does seem to be breathing.
Reoriented the egg to reduce chance of drowning.

We’ll wait for now but I’d like whatever advice anyone has. Especially if the fluid does turn out to be yolk, I know chances of survival with leaking yolk are slim but what do people do for it? I’m thinking iodine to prevent infection and dry it out, maybe feed egg yolks to supplement what it lost?

Is this a chicken egg so 4 days late or something else?

It can't pip on the same end the yolk is as the yolk is attached to its umbilical cord right below its rectum, so opposite side he's pipping. Still, not sure what that fluid is or why it's even there at all if this is 4 days late, but if it's yellow, it's most likely yolk somehow.

Had others hatched when they were supposed to or is this a lone egg?

Is this a chicken egg so 4 days late or something else?

It can't pip on the same end the yolk is as the yolk is attached to its umbilical cord right below its rectum, so opposite side he's pipping. Still, not sure what that fluid is or why it's even there at all if this is 4 days late, but if it's yellow, it's most likely yolk somehow.

Had others hatched when they were supposed to or is this a lone egg?
Hey, thanks for the help.
Sadly it passed away.

I wasn’t the one directly dealing with it but here’s what she said:

“Did a bit more work on it about an hour ago, stopped at blood and put them back in for a while. Could tell there was a struggle for breathing already.
Waited an hour, checked again, worked a little more, still no more blood, it gave itself a gasp of air and a big wiggle attempt, and then passed away seconds after :(

Once I knew it was actually passed (no movement when touched) I moved the head a bit and it just fell back, I took it out of the shell. Yolk had absorbed, cord gone, but there was this chunky white matter around the bottom of the egg shell under its bum & still lots of veining at the bottom.”

1715315985678.jpeg

At least two of its half siblings hatched, along with a bunch of others.

Back
Top Bottom