Brassy back?

He looks like het silver quail with maybe an extra Pg (Pattern gene) causing the black tips on the breastfeathers.
Main difference with Brassy back is the breastcolor; not black due to columbian Co.

I got to thinking could he be a incomplete laced (sort of like a wyandotte) with too much black in the hackles and saddle? He also reminds me of a too black,gold penciled bird with incomplete spangling on the breast?

Here's a picture of my x-breed roo Billy bad-@$$ just wondering if his color pattern would be considered Brassy back?

Catdaddyspics036-1.jpg

thanks, catdaddy

He kinda looks like a Salmon Faverolle rooster mix. although he doesnt have feathered feet.. It does appear he has a beard, and his coloring reminds me of a salmon Faverolle.

Last edited:
There's not a name for his specific pattern but he's kind of a "bad" crele. He was a sex link of sorts I'm guessing, dad was barred and mom wasn't so only his full brothers and none of his full sisters would have showed barring. He dose have a cool looking pattern but it'd be really hard to get another like him, out of him. You'd have to breed from the same cross he came out of and it would be a one and done, any future generations would be mixed up geneticly and hard to figure out.

Back
Top Bottom