Blood in Baby Chicks Poop

danielle2003

Songster
Apr 27, 2021
Langley, Oklahoma
I have four chicks that are about 4 days old, and this evening, one of them had little blood in her poop. The stool itself looked healthy (brown and firm with white part as uric acid), and she has not acted sick in any way. What could be the problem? Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it.

Was it light redish/pink, and only on part of the stool? If so, it could just be shed intestinal lining, which is not a concern. Normally bloody poop is a sign of coccidiosis, but 4 days old is a bit young for that. Do you know what chick it came from? I would keep an eye on it and see if it was a one time deal.

Was it light redish/pink, and only on part of the stool? If so, it could just be shed intestinal lining, which is not a concern. Normally bloody poop is a sign of coccidiosis, but 4 days old is a bit young for that. Do you know what chick it came from? I would keep an eye on it and see if it was a one time deal.
Hi there, I'm sorry it took so long to reply. It was like a dark pink, not red, and yes, it was only a small part of the stool. She did it 2-3 times, then it went back to normal. I hope it was just intestinal lining, like you said. Thank you for the information!:)

Back
Top Bottom