Bleach for Coccidiosis? It can't be, can it?

MROO

Enabler
6 Years
Feb 26, 2018
The North-Eastern Corner of Maryland
I'm flabbergasted! Someone on FB was asking about Corid. Apparently the local TSC was out. Someone suggested a mixture of several ounces of bleach and sugar in a gallon of water. Even if it worked for someone else as a home remedy, I would be terrified of getting the mixture off and killing my birds. Can anyone verify that this is an actual treatment? Even if it is, I would NEVER use it. It sounds EXTREMELY dangerous to me.

I know several people that put like a capful (off a gallon bleach jug) of bleach per gallon of drinking water for a wormer.

I am not saying to do it or not. I do not know. I just know chicken owners that do and swear by it. These people have been raising chickens for many years.

I do not know.

I know several people that put like a capful (off a gallon bleach jug) of bleach per gallon of drinking water for a wormer.

I am not saying to do it or not. I do not know. I just know chicken owners that do and swear by it. These people have been raising chickens for many years.

I do not know.
But I wonder if it cures the worm problem.

I have used a couple ounces of bleach to disinfect a 55 gallon drum for an automatic water system but I prefer either oxine or hydrogen peroxide.

But I wonder if it cures the worm problem.

I have used a couple ounces of bleach to disinfect a 55 gallon drum for an automatic water system but I prefer either oxine or hydrogen peroxide.
I do not know myself. But, the people that I know that do it swear it does. They have been doing it for many years. I will say they seem to have a very good track record with raising their chickens in the time I have known them. These are some serious chicken people.

Back
Top Bottom