Black To White Experiment

Pics
If there is a reason you're not using normal tap water, does that same reason apply to the purified mineral water?
My dad got the purified mineral water instead of distilled water. One reason I was asking.
Our tap water is heavy, so I'm trying not to use it for the incubator.

The purified mineral water has Calcium Chloride, & Sodium Bicarbonate.

My dad got the purified mineral water instead of distilled water. One reason I was asking.
Our tap water is heavy, so I'm trying not to use it for the incubator.

The purified mineral water has Calcium Chloride, & Sodium Bicarbonate.
Distilled water is probably a better choice if/when you can get it.

But if you don't have distilled water, I don't know whether the mineral water or the tap water would be better.

I think the mineral water is going to leave deposits in the incubator. Depending on the style of incubator, this may be a big problem (if the water needs to pass through a small space that can get clogged up) or a not a problem at all (if the water is just a big puddle in the bottom and you can scrub the deposits off later.)

Distilled water is probably a better choice if/when you can get it.

But if you don't have distilled water, I don't know whether the mineral water or the tap water would be better.

I think the mineral water is going to leave deposits in the incubator. Depending on the style of incubator, this may be a big problem (if the water needs to pass through a small space that can get clogged up) or a not a problem at all (if the water is just a big puddle in the bottom and you can scrub the deposits off later.)
Mine's an incuview incubator. So, it's a smooth bottom design. I used tap water at our old house with no problems since it was soft.
20230308_181013.jpg
20230308_181021.jpg

Incubator almost ready. Currently stabilizing, got first two temperature probes added. Got to calibrate a hygrometer, & a Hygrometer, Thermometer probe, & sanitize them before adding next.

Back
Top Bottom