Black To White Experiment

Pics
I am not sure what it is, but she should not turn splotchy white(in route to becoming white) after her daughter(at least in age) she should have had that change many months before her doughter.
The experiment's purpose is to try to figure out what's going on. If more of these are produced through breeding, we'll know it's a genetic mutation for sure.

She turns 4 this year, she's like a year younger then Dino.

The experiment's purpose is to try to figure out what's going on. If more of these are produced through breeding, we'll know it's a genetic mutation for sure.

She turns 4 this year, she's like a year younger then Dino.
So this hen is about 4 years of age and it's in route to become mostly white right? and While she had a white flight feather she just started changing color right?

So this hen is about 4 years of age and it's in route to become mostly white right? and While she had a white flight feather she just started changing color right?
Both wings since chickhood had mostly white primary flight feathers. That's from 6-7 weeks, to 6 months of age, & all the way up to the present.

She just start changing colors a few days ago, yes.

If parasites
1672865672977.png

Those legs look like scaly leg mites to me. So I wouldn't rule out an external factor in the birds changing colors. It's just as possible it is genetic.

View attachment 3367003
Those legs look like scaly leg mites to me. So I wouldn't rule out an external factor in the birds changing colors. It's just as possible it is genetic.
Besides those. Scaly leg mites were terrible last year. I was referring to the mites, & lice in the actual feathers(They're lice, & mite free had a Permethrin treatment).

The worse coop with scaly leg mites was the Bantam coop. Still have birds in there I need to treat. None of them changed color.

The only 2 hens in the Standard coop(Where the color changing birds are)that actually got scaly leg mites, is Pea(Screenshot you took), & an Orpington.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom