DeeMeow

In the Brooder
May 24, 2022
I am hoping to find something that could help me tell the gender of my black japanese bantam chick. I'm new to the breed and I want to be able to tell what the gender is and I could only think of maybe someone knowing on here. Please and thank you 🙏

I am hoping to find something that could help me tell the gender of my black japanese bantam chick. I'm new to the breed and I want to be able to tell what the gender is and I could only think of maybe someone knowing on here. Please and thank you 🙏
Post pics.

Oh, and Welcome to BYC!
Thank you so much! I actually did what you said and looked but I'm not finding anything for the age I have. It's not even a week yet, I know some breeds you can tell early on but I guess this breed has to be older to tell? That was my bad for not doing my research early on though so I'll just revist this topic when it gets older. I'm so use to regular chickens so navigating bantams has been a puzzle for me lmao 🤣 thank you again!

Thank you so much! I actually did what you said and looked but I'm not finding anything for the age I have. It's not even a week yet, I know some breeds you can tell early on but I guess this breed has to be older to tell? That was my bad for not doing my research early on though so I'll just revist this topic when it gets older. I'm so use to regular chickens so navigating bantams has been a puzzle for me lmao 🤣 thank you again!

Post photos please
Hello, here are some photos, maybe it's too young to tell but to get an idea would be fantastic. I have never bred this type of chicken so itd be nice to know. Thank you again.

Attachments

• 20220530_102555.jpg
    20220530_102555.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220530_102600.jpg
    20220530_102600.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220530_102604.jpg
    20220530_102604.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 8
Hello, here are some photos, maybe it's too young to tell but to get an idea would be fantastic. I have never bred this type of chicken so itd be nice to know. Thank you again.
I can’t tell you anything about gender because it is too young, but I can tell that it is mottled, not black. And very cute!

Back
Top Bottom