Bianca needs a home

Great lives for the roosters as long I can & a quick humane ending when that time comes.
That's how it goes here also. We eat our extra boys, even the bantams. If that's an option for you... it's a really good one in my opinion. :thumbsup

Everyone here lives a great life before they have one bad moment. It has given me a real appreciation for the circle of life. And knowing where my food comes from and how it was treated EVERY moment feels very rewarding! No, I don't like processing. But it's a task that gets done as part of my flock management to keep the stock I do have healthy and content. :)

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders! A welcome addition to BYC! :wee

No, I'm not NPIP certified for shipping out of state.

The only place I know of that sells and ships sexed day old bantams is My Pet Chicken. My route is especially hard and they don't ship well to me so my expected loss is about 50%+ :(

Amber Waves (sp) in California also does dna tested started female Silkies at a higher cost of course. Last I saw she was NPIP.. but am unsure if she is anywhere near the Virulent New Castle quarantine/euthanasia zone.

Hmm.. I have one more source... gotta think about who... it's a byc'er.. @FishMtFarm, I think. :fl

If Amber Waves is still in Norco she's in the center of the quarantine zone.

That's how it goes here also. We eat our extra boys, even the bantams. If that's an option for you... it's a really good one in my opinion. :thumbsup

Everyone here lives a great life before they have one bad moment.

That is my thought- I sooooo appreciate your response- the life here is pretty great for them too ,and if that is it for them, then so be it- cuddles & treats beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom