Better quality, Cackle or Murray?

CochinLover1

Songster
5 Years
Aug 17, 2015
Ohio
I have been looking into Cackle hatchery and all of the hatchery birds I have now are from Murray. How is Cackle? I noticed their prices were better but I have heard so many mixed responses i'm not quite sure what to think. Any info would be useful.

Their reviews look good to me.i just ordered the surprise Chick box. So ill get a little of everything .only thing bad wont be here til march -30th.cant wait you get chicks,ducks,turkey,geese, no telling what all could be in it.

Cackle has the birds that best meet breed standard, as far as the big hatcheries go. They actually try to breed their birds to meet breed standards, which is something that most hatcheries don't bother with. They also have always been honest about their Easter Eggers and have never sold them as 'Ameraucana.' Murray McMurray calls their Araucana/Ameraucana, but they don't even come close to resembling either breed.

My birds from Cackle are decent quality but not close to standard for Australorp. They arrived healthy BUT I paid big bucks for special ship of 5 pullets. Arrived in excellent shape. One problem. When they matured I had 2 roos. That is not a good percentage. Tried to contact for a refund on the roos. by the time I finally got someone to answer me all I got was "we're sorry but it's past the guarantee time if you had contacted sooner". First, aussies mature slower, second I DID TRY BUT YOU WOULDN"T ANSWER! I finally gave up. When the birds matured they are good layers, of them anyway (gave away the roos) but very small for BA's even tho I had them on top feed and treated like queens with the rest of my girls.

Back
Top Bottom