Best /worst sounding rooster crows?

Dinoroar

Crowing
Jul 11, 2020
I am where I am
Personally I love a good baritone & my bresse roo wins the prize in my flock for most glorious crow. Could listen to him all day and all night. My fayoumis are the worst. High pitched.. screechy/strangled sounding. Not a fan.

Whose you best/ worst crower?
90E29D2D-3C72-41D7-A351-0127670A9A7D.jpeg

This man has the golden voice.

146C311D-6449-4D31-9862-9539579C5EE7.jpeg
This ones a looker but would best if he kept his beak shut.

I don’t have pictures on my phone. But my Black Australorp had an amazing voice!! While my White Leghorn had a prepubescent type of crow that never matured even 2 years later. I miss my Australorp’s crow. I have yet to have another rooster with that amazing crow.

My RIR had a set of pipes that has yet to be matched.

Sussex was close, but his crow was backwards. Highs swapped with lows. This made my skin crawl.

Current cockerel is a Dominique. Started as a scalded cat sound..... and now is a 3 tone r-er-rrrrrrrr. He's getting better.

I don’t have pictures on my phone. But my Black Australorp had an amazing voice!! While my White Leghorn had a prepubescent type of crow that never matured even 2 years later. I miss my Australorp’s crow. I have yet to have another rooster with that amazing crow.
I have a mixed guy with that pubescent sound. He’s still young but I’m kinda thinking it’s not gonna get any better.
Have you have other astrolorpe roos to compare with your special guy? I feel like crow tones relate to breed but also there are stand outs.
We had a cochin rooster a few years back that would practically just SCREAM. We'd go out to let them out of the run, he'd mingle with the ladies, eat a treat, then AAAAAAAAAAAAAA, then go back to his normal business
My Cochin roo is pretty bad too. He would have won my worst if the fayoumis weren’t around to steal the show.
my frizzle is so sreachy but my cochin silkey muut crow is nice
Ooh I wish I could remember what my silkies sounded like wat back when I had them. I think my crow connoisseurism wasn’t as developed.
Look up an Ayam Ketwa crow from GreenFire
Oh boy! I have watched those guys on you tube and I was shocked. I expected something lovely but not so much.
My RIR had a set of pipes that has yet to be matched.

Sussex was close, but his crow was backwards. Highs swapped with lows. This made my skin crawl.

Current cockerel is a Dominique. Started as a scalded cat sound..... and now is a 3 tone r-er-rrrrrrrr. He's getting better.
Was your rir especially loud or just nicely tonal?

I have some dom hens and have considered getting a roo for them but if they harken to mind a scalded cat I think I’ll just be happy with their mutt chicks. 😂

So interesting on you Sussex! I didn’t know roos could be dyslexic!

Was your rir especially loud or just nicely tonal?

I have some dom hens and have considered getting a roo for them but if they harken to mind a scalded cat I think I’ll just be happy with their mutt chicks. 😂

So interesting on you Sussex! I didn’t know roos could be dyslexic!
RIR was nicely tonal.... through closed windows, over oven hood fan white noise.
Neighbor 1/4 mile away has a cochin rooster. I never hear him. She said she heard mine all the time.

My Dom cockerel is getting better and better. I'm waiting for him to add two syllables to the end, and I'm sure he'll pick it up. Not terrible.... now. It was hilarious when he first started crowing.

My Blue Andalusian/Jersey Black Giant has a great crow and ends with a growl. Cock a doodle Doo (grrrrrrrrr). Our lavender Ameracauna rooster sounds like somebody strangling a cat but he makes up in enthusiasm and volume what he lacks in quality.

Back
Top Bottom