Best cheap run roofing

I had a friend with hurricane damaged metal roof panels they were slightly damaged...we did the taj mahal pen 11"x24" run i put the pics on here but i cant find them....how do u find your album???

I had a friend with hurricane damaged metal roof panels they were slightly damaged...we did the taj mahal pen 11"x24" run i put the pics on here but i cant find them....how do u find your album???
Click on Account tab in the upper right of the main page. Then click on your user name in the box in the upper right and your albums will show up as one of the tabs.

don't use tar paper shingles of any color! the chickens eat the substrait off of them when it rains. I went to a clay tile roof. cost: 2000.00$ but it's only money and my coop is 250ft by 400ft now. only 1/4 used by the hens!

I find the transparent roofing make the run to hot in summer. If you have a Habitat for humanity store or an up cycling store check them out I got 5 of the six sheets of corrugated tin I needed for $2.50 a sheet at habitat.

I built my coop out of reclaimed 4x4 cedar and crate material I got from a local shop. The plywood was thin but the sheets were 4’x6’ and there was also plenty of 1”x1” and 1”x2” wood for free. Im not very strong so a battery powered Skil saw and a crowbar I used were helpful but not necessary to disassemble the crates.

I built the frame and interior walls with all this. I then wrapped the structure with leftover “house wrap” and used it just like that all winter. The next spring I clad the outside with cedar fencing I found for free on Craigslist. I think spent about $200 on the raised coop (6x10) and the covered run (12x10). And most of that was for hardware cloth and screws.

What is the best cheap roofing for a run? I like the corrugated plastic but it wouldn’t be the cheapest to do a 12.5 x 8 run with...
This is the least expensive one that I could find at Lowes.
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Roof-panels-Roof-panels-accessories-Roofing-Building-supplies/4294806361
lowes roofing_1.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom