Beginner Broody or no?

MeoWusical

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2024
I have a mallard, Flash, that’s 11 weeks old. Her breast feathers are all patchy, and I can see feathers strewn around the run and sometimes in the pool. When I clean out their water she’s always getting all fluffed up and splashing all over the place (her sisters don’t really do that). When she opens and closes her mouth in the video, I’ve noticed she only does that when she’s in the water cleaning. I’m hoping she’s just extra hormonal and excited for the clean water, but I wanted to check with you guys and see what you think.
The other girls seem to be fine, their breast feathers are way more intact than Flash’s is. They are a tiny bit patchy but not at all as bad as hers.
Her behavior is normal outside the water too, just cleaning and foraging with her sisters.
IMG_2057.jpeg

IMG_2059.jpeg

I have a mallard, Flash, that’s 11 weeks old. Her breast feathers are all patchy, and I can see feathers strewn around the run and sometimes in the pool. When I clean out their water she’s always getting all fluffed up and splashing all over the place (her sisters don’t really do that). When she opens and closes her mouth in the video, I’ve noticed she only does that when she’s in the water cleaning. I’m hoping she’s just extra hormonal and excited for the clean water, but I wanted to check with you guys and see what you think.
The other girls seem to be fine, their breast feathers are way more intact than Flash’s is. They are a tiny bit patchy but not at all as bad as hers.
Her behavior is normal outside the water too, just cleaning and foraging with her sisters.
View attachment 3826520
View attachment 3826521
100% broody, is she making nests?

View attachment 3826520
View attachment 3826521
Is she laying eggs?

Back
Top Bottom