Beaucoup Babies Incubator Comparison Easter HAL

Here’s a few on their way to the brooder! I think a couple have Australorp mamas!

1680898352616.jpeg

Tomorrow. Today they were all huddled under the heat plate just resting up. Tomorrow I’m guessing they’ll be much more active, and it will be light to take pics. 😊

Update: one more hatched last night! I had two eggs still pipped, and I candled them quickly. One had a pip on the side of the egg, but is now trying to pip in the air cell. It was chirping like crazy, any advice?

Bad news. The othet pip was covered in yellow, and was completely dead. I think it pipped (wrong end) right in the yolk sac, and it leaked out. 🙁

Brought in my broodys eggs (3), replaced with fake eggs. They are a little behind, probably because my 1st broody was off the nest so much. One had a rolling air cell & no veins so I tossed it. The other two I will give a bit longer and see. I’m setting more eggs tomorrow so I’ll stick a few under my broody too. She’s only been sitting about a week, and she’s a much better egg protector than my first broody. So I’ll give her another chance.

Last couple of eggs have no movement. I’ll leave them today just to see if I’m wrong, but I think they are late quitters. All in all, a very good hatch. My brooder is overstuffed, but they will only be in there til Monday! Might even see if one of my customers is available tomorrow evening…

Back
Top Bottom