Bantam Duck Page

Don't you let them out to roam free?
D.gif

They fly like wild mallards. They will fly away if you don't keep them in a pen with a top on it. You can pinion them or clip their wings. We have way too many predators to let any of our birds free range. If we did that we would lose them all in less than 3 days.

I am making plans for raised breeding pens for my calls any suggestions on size for pairs trios quads ect?

How do you go about finding breeders locally, or where shows are?
Any chance there's a list that bantam breeders might put themselves on?

I'm in western NY, looking for a female non-call bantam or two to balance things out here, and haven't had any luck posting in BST. Hoping that someone here might be able to point me in the right direction even if they don't have any to sell themselves.
Ideally, I'd love to find another Australian Spotted so that we might be able to hatch some eggs someday with good odds of finding them homes, but we'd consider any right-sized female within driving distance.

Thanks!

How do you go about finding breeders locally, or where shows are?
Any chance there's a list that bantam breeders might put themselves on?

I'm in western NY, looking for a female non-call bantam or two to balance things out here, and haven't had any luck posting in BST. Hoping that someone here might be able to point me in the right direction even if they don't have any to sell themselves.
Ideally, I'd love to find another Australian Spotted so that we might be able to hatch some eggs someday with good odds of finding them homes, but we'd consider any right-sized female within driving distance.

Thanks!

Look online for the American Bantam Assoc., American Poultry Assn and United Call Club for shows, breeders etc. NY state has some excellent Call duck breeders.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom