Bamboo leaves as a treat

Have some respect, he offered you some pretty darn good insight on research you mentioned. He didn't say you can't feed chickens bamboo leaves, only that the research didn't suggest it made a positive impact to their weight.

Its fine.

The original poster asked if anyone was doing what they were and made some vaguely supported claims premised on something they had read. I inquired whether a particular study was the one used as basis for those claims, and proposed some alternative explanations for the results, together with another study finding no effect (and I pointed out some likely errors in that as well).

Future BYCers seeing the thread and interested in the potential of using bamboo as a suppliment have some linked reading, some things to consider, and can make their own decisions.

Whether one (or both) of the primary posters were poorly behaved or simply misunderstood is irrelevant to the science.

Last edited:
Its fine.

The original poster asked if anyone was doing what they were and made some vaguely supported claims premised on something they had read. I inquired whether a particular study was the one used as basis for those claims, and proposed some alternative explanations for the results, together with another study finding no effect (and I pointed out some likely errors in that as well).

Future BYCers seeing the thread and interested in the potentioal of using bamboo as a sumpliment have some linked reading, some things to consider, and can make their own decisions.

Whether one (or both) of the primary posters were poorly behaved or simply misunderstood is irrelevant to the science.
the science is
I dunno dude here's what the STUDY says......Feeding chickens on an organic diet containing fresh bamboo leaves results in increase in body weight by as much as 70% more than those fed on standard organic diets.... now i'm not saying feed your chickens bamboo, i clarified my point on this thread. thanks for pointing out semantics

the science is
I dunno dude here's what the STUDY says......Feeding chickens on an organic diet containing fresh bamboo leaves results in increase in body weight by as much as 70% more than those fed on standard organic diets.... now i'm not saying feed your chickens bamboo, i clarified my point on this thread. thanks for pointing out semantics
Dude, its not a good study.

The baseline feed is clearly deficient, for reasons I outlined, reasons which should be obvious to anyone who has made more than casual effort to research the nutritional needs of chickens and is familiar with the more common ingredients. If nothing else, the idea of a 2# standard "meat" chicken at 8 weeks should cause one to pause and wonder what is wrong with the feeding regimen.

Back
Top Bottom