Baby quail dying

Jewels1982

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2023
I have a question. For one this would be my 4th time incubating quail eggs. I have quail that are doing great and are about a year old. My question is I started incubating some quail eggs from the older ones, and the babies hatched and all was going well. Did the same thing as I did before. Let them fluff up in the incubator and transferred them to their place with a heat lamp, warm water and food. I dipped their beaks in the water and food so they new where it was. Then they started dropping dead within 48hrs. They were eating and drinking with no issues. What do I do because I am lost. I literally lost all 12 quail.

Since conditions were the same, I would suspect something in the water or feed. Was the ventilation excellent? Maybe something in the air or bad feed.

Oh no, that's a terrible shame. I'm sorry to hear this. It sounds like you've done everything right from what you've said. Was the heat lamp low enough for them?
Yes it was. That is why this is so confuaing and frustrating for me.

Not sure about the feed, but ventilation was the same for them as my other quail from last year. Water is the same as before.
Since conditions were the same, I would suspect something in the water or feed. Was the ventilation excellent? Maybe something in the air or bad feed.

Back
Top Bottom