Baby Pigeon Mr. Wilbert questions

Kkjrenee

Chirping
Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone!! I have a quick question...my one squab eats fantastically and is growing but it seems like after he takes food in he kind of sounds clogged around the nose...like he kind of sneezes a little and shakes his head as well as swallows but then he’s fine after a few seconds...should I be worried?? Also I was giving him a bath last night because he gets rather messy tube feeding, and he stuck his whole head under the water and drank it up now I read on some sites that babies are not to have just water only the regurgitated food from the parents until they are old enough to do so on their own....should that worry me??? I just want what’s best for my little Wilbert!!!!

Hello everyone!! I have a quick question...my one squab eats fantastically and is growing but it seems like after he takes food in he kind of sounds clogged around the nose...like he kind of sneezes a little and shakes his head as well as swallows but then he’s fine after a few seconds...should I be worried?? Also I was giving him a bath last night because he gets rather messy tube feeding, and he stuck his whole head under the water and drank it up now I read on some sites that babies are not to have just water only the regurgitated food from the parents until they are old enough to do so on their own....should that worry me??? I just want what’s best for my little Wilbert!!!!
If he drinks it himself it should be fine.:) I would just clean him up with a damp paper towel or cloth instead of a bath.

If he drinks it himself it should be fine.:) I would just clean him up with a damp paper towel or cloth instead of a bath.
What about his little sneezing thing he does? It doesn’t seem to effect the way he eats or grows or gets full but it does happen sometimes

What about his little sneezing thing he does? It doesn’t seem to effect the way he eats or grows or gets full but it does happen sometimes
Probably just clearing his nostrils. I wouldn't worry, just clean his face after eating with a damp tissue so it doesn't dry into a hard crust. Some babies need to pull out and take a breath once or twice, others just take it all in one main go.

He tends to take it all in one go but afterwards he seems raspy and sneezy and that’s the only thing that worried me!! Other than that he looks pretty healthy to me...just hope the sneezing and coughing isn’t anything to worry about for sure!

Attachments

• 31BB114B-37EC-44EC-9310-8BDED88A2AAE.jpeg
    31BB114B-37EC-44EC-9310-8BDED88A2AAE.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 5789843D-DCCF-40E4-8015-D9A3D1065C2D.jpeg
    5789843D-DCCF-40E4-8015-D9A3D1065C2D.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 6
I will try that for sure! Thank you!
If he drank water on his own, try offering a small dish of the gruel wet really well. Put your finger in it and stir it around and see if he starts eating on his own too. He will peck at it if you move it around.

Back
Top Bottom