Baby gosling killed, momma goose crying - now what?

thanks everyone - all great thoughts and i really appreciate the support. it will be a couple days (maybe a week) before my buddy has hatchlings.. so she might be on the upswing by then.

i'm going to try and get them into the pond today and get back 'to normal' and see how things go. maybe i can even that that rascally gander to chase me or something.

Cottage Rose - thanks for the reply. you may not remember me - i contacted you by email when we were having the coldest off the colds this past winter about my muscovies and their winter care. so i can thank/blame you for getting me totally addicted to this site!

my ducks did great - once i got them dried out and gave them perches and extra feed. in fact, my two mommas hatched a collective total of 23 babies! i've now appointed myself 'duckling lifeguard' and hang out by their wading pool and keep them all in line. hee hee the guy at the feed store said i dont HAVE to do that.. but on a hot day, chair in the shade, iced drink in my hand - this is the life!

Quote:
This is a nice group of folks here.
Glad you joined.
smile.png

I too enjoy setting in my lawn chair and watching my birds although my goslings always attack me and group nibble me non-stop if I would let them.
They're such silly ninnys. Geese are so cool!
cool.png

they are silly ninnies!

i just let the goose horde out... the momma seems to be ok and i had a chase with the gander. they arent screaming any more and appear to be back in business.

whew!

on the upside - my momma turkey is hatching! and one of my favorite young hens, Minnesota Fats, has decided to set a nest.

good and bad news all in the same day, circle of life keeps on going.....

Back
Top Bottom