Baby Chick CANT WALK and won't Eat!! please help

Brc431

Hatching
Jul 11, 2020
My chick is only a day old and she has curly toes. we put a boot on her but she walks on her legs and not her feet. She's not eating and cant really stand up properly. She is pooping but hasn't ate. PLEASE HELP me I've already lost a couple chicks and can't loose another. She had trouble hatching so i had to help her.

Attachments

• IMG_7268 (1).jpg
    IMG_7268 (1).jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7271.jpg
    IMG_7271.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7272.jpg
    IMG_7272.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 10
My chick is only a day old and she has curly toes. we put a boot on her but she walks on her legs and not her feet. She's not eating and cant really stand up properly. She is pooping but hasn't ate. PLEASE HELP me I've already lost a couple chicks and can't loose another. She had trouble hatching so i had to help her.
when you helped her if there was blood you probably damaged something. i don’t know how to get it to eat. when that happens i just let it be and see how it does

when you helped her if there was blood you probably damaged something. i don’t know how to get it to eat. when that happens i just let it be and see how it does
no blood he was really dry and the membrane was sticking to him.

Last edited:
Get some Poultry Cell or Poultry NutriDrench and give it a drop or two daily. That cannhelp the curly toes. You can also make a shoe with the toes in proper place with taping both sides of the feet. Try to get it to eat some watery chick feed with a dropper. Dip it’s beak into water. A chick sling might be in order to get it upright.

Get some Poultry Cell or Poultry NutriDrench and give it a drop or two daily. That cannhelp the curly toes. You can also make a shoe with the toes in proper place with taping both sides of the feet. Try to get it to eat some watery chick feed with a dropper. Dip it’s beak into water. A chick sling might be in order to get it upright.
I'll try that thank you!

It is common for day old chicks not to eat. When you buy chicks from a hatchery, they are shipped without food and water and they eat their first meals at their new homes.
Thank you so much! I just wanna do everything i can to help her pull through!

Back
Top Bottom