Awesome Poultry/Bird/Small Animal auction in southeastern Pennsylvania

wyandotte86

Songster
10 Years
Dec 8, 2010
Berks Co., PA
Hello All,

There will be a Spring Poultry, Bird, & Small Animal Auction on Saturday May12th in Ephrata, PA starting at 10:00am. The location is at the Green Dragon Small Animal Auction on the grounds of the Green Dragon Farmer's Market in scenic Lancaster County, PA (the market has a website http://www.greendragonmarket.com/ ). The market itself is only open on Fridays, but this particular sale will be Saturday and food will be available.

The address is 955 North State Street Ephrata, PA 17522.

At the auction, you can expect to find all breeds of poultry, pigeons, cage birds, rabbits, peafowl, many colors of guineafowl, ornamental pheasants, chicks, cages, wire, etc.

Consignments are welcome and receiving of animals for sale will start at 6:00am on Saturday morning.

*Please keep in mind that the state of PA requires that out-of-state poultry for sale must have been tested negative for Avian Influenza. So please have this documentation available if applicable.*

*Also, any cages/carriers used to sell animals MUST go with the animal when sold.*

For more details, feel free to email Keith at [email protected] or call at 610-763-9804. A flyer for the auction can also be emailed to anyone who is interested.

So mark your calendars for Saturday May 12th 2012 !!!

Is anyone going to this that would be willing to swap some eggs (barnyard mixes) for hatching???

Wow... I would, but I am not selling my cages with my birds. I don't have that many cages. Kind of a silly rule, in my honest opinion.
You can simply put them in cardboard boxes with wire on the sides and/or boxes with plenty of air holes..... thats what alot of people do.

I don't know how auctions work...I would think you might get more money by selling them individually..but hmm...yes, duct tape might hold the boxes together more securely. Or post on Freecycle that you are looking for a dog crate... maybe you can pick one up for free to carry/sell the chickens in.

Back
Top Bottom