Avia Charge ?'s

fowlweatherfriends

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
The Sunny South
Hello,
I called my local feedstore and they don't have the avia charge 2000. I looked it up online and see that McMurray has it and stromburgs. Is there anywhere local I can get it?

Also, can all my chicks use it and if so, for how long? (is it ok for healthy chicks or just sick ones?)

Last edited:
Hi there, I don't know of anywhere else to get expect those two places you mentioned. Avia Charge is some good stuff to keep handy. I given it to my birds when their poo is runny or when they are sick.
It doesn't say on the bottle how long to give to chics,just that they require a higher dose than adults.
idunno.gif
I think I've given it to my babies for a couple of days,just to give them a boost.
Hope that helps ya out some, Miriam

if your chickie has crook neck then in addition to the aviacharge you need to give it an additional (therapeutic) dose of vitaminE/selenium (vitE 200-400 IU/selenium >50 MICROgrams>it is very important that you do not exceed 50 MICROgrams!) >you can purchase this I am told fairly cheaply at agway or walmart (or most other drugstores will have this combination)>prick open and give in beak slowly so as not to aspirate into lungs...also additional B vitamins which you can get by giving three drops of POLYVISOL (childrens liquid vitamins) also in beak for a week then slowly taper off the next week.
The avia charge is completely safe and is one of the few supplements with all the mcro and macro nutrients recommended by the NRC (this is what commercial feed formulations are loosely based on)... it is ideal as a daily supplement in times of illness or stress (like stress from hot or cold weather)... but when neurological symptoms present then you will need a therapeutic level of the vitamins described above in addition to the aviacharge.

Last edited:
I think it took about a week to get it, can't remember exactly.I got it from McMurray's.
Gee, I have never had a chic with crookneck.I hope she gets better soon.
smile.png

I'd offer you some of mine but I don't have much left,darn it.
Miriam

Back
Top Bottom