Automatic door for Superior Construction Chicken Coop

Njchick609

Hatching
Jul 4, 2021
Good morning. I have this chicken coop from tractor supply which I have already done a lot of work on. I have installed better locks, additional hardware cloth, reinforced some of the wood…but I am looking for an automatic door opener that will fit in here. I have searched for this answer and cannot find it. I understand I may have to remove the existing sliding wood door or somehow change something inside but I don’t want to buy a door and then have it not be compatible. Does anyone have experience with a coop similar to this that they have put an automatic door on? Thank you so much.

Attachments

• F64EE9D3-97C0-4BDF-A29E-6DB1C19AC444.jpeg
    F64EE9D3-97C0-4BDF-A29E-6DB1C19AC444.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 110
There are a number of ways to do this, If you are handy , you can make your own horizontal power drive. I can find threads with instructions where peeps did make their own. It includes in posts the items to purchase.
Simplest way is to use what I have on my coop. Mine is vertically mounted, but can also be horizontally mounted.
Maybe this would be what you are looking for.
ador1.PNG

Here is a quick link to their site.
https://adorstore.com/products/ador1-automatic-chicken-door

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

I have the T50 auto door linked above, I see no issues mounting it to that style coop.
I can't quite tell, but the sliding door looks pretty flush with the framing for it -- so I'd be inclined to just mount the auto door off those (slide door to correct opening width, screw in place, then screw auto door on). If it's not quite flush, you could likely just use two vertical strips of 1x material to mount it off of. Probably take you less than 10min to do it.

Good morning. I have this chicken coop from tractor supply which I have already done a lot of work on. I have installed better locks, additional hardware cloth, reinforced some of the wood…but I am looking for an automatic door opener that will fit in here. I have searched for this answer and cannot find it. I understand I may have to remove the existing sliding wood door or somehow change something inside but I don’t want to buy a door and then have it not be compatible. Does anyone have experience with a coop similar to this that they have put an automatic door on? Thank you so much.
We bought the same coop this past spring and converted it to a brooder, then back to a regular coop. We have beefed it up too. We even added an extension with the same lumber and an additional roost and clean out drawer to accommodate 4 hens that were returned to us when my mom couldn’t get them to integrate with her flock. We are also looking for best automatic door solution. Hubby says we can mount one vertically. However, am checking into omlet door with horizontal closure.. maybe safer? Concerned about our hens getting crushed. Please update if you’ve found a good door/solution. Thanks!

I am also sniffing around to try to find out all I need to know about getting an automatic coop door for this coop, but now I really want to know what kinds of locks you upgraded to, as I've been nervous about buying ones that end up not fitting in place of the old ones. For now I've got small carabiners latched through the open end of the latches that came on the coop and I'm just not sure if that's going to work or be a bad idea!

Back
Top Bottom