Are these smokey pearls?

Gracellyn23

Chirping
Mar 8, 2022
I have these two chicks I got and am not sure what they are. I think they might be smokey pearls. Is there a way to tell? One of them has black legs and beak while the other has yellow.

Attachments

• 20220308_172031.jpg
    20220308_172031.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 20220308_171932.jpg
    20220308_171932.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 33
What are Smokey Pearl's? Never heard of them. Who sells them?

I just bought 4 Smokey pearl pellets as well. Only one has the dark legs, the others are yellow. I found one hatchery online that sells them but not much info there either. They look like maybe some kind of lavender ameracauna cross? I'd love to know more about the differences in leg coloring. Wonder if they can be seed by color? Maybe I didn't get all pullets?

I just bought 4 Smokey pearl pellets as well. Only one has the dark legs, the others are yellow. I found one hatchery online that sells them but not much info there either. They look like maybe some kind of lavender ameracauna cross? I'd love to know more about the differences in leg coloring. Wonder if they can be seed by color? Maybe I didn't get all pullets?
🤔

Yes! I wish I knew. I thought mine were probably austra whites but as thier feathers are starting to come they're turning kinda orange brown in some places...

I did a little searching. Looks like they’re coming from Hoover Hatchery. Another super egg producing hybrid of some sort. The different hatcheries feel like they need to come up with something new and interesting or they may get left behind.
I just bought 4 new chicks at TS and they're called "polka dots or Smokey Pearl pullets.
They're amazing. Not even 2 weeks old, they're flying around in my TS tub and eating and drinking a lot more than my girls I bought in July (Australorp pullets/Silver laced Wyandottes).
Sitting in my hand and eyes very bright. I researched before I bought them....but not much on the internet. They're from Hoover's Hatchery/supplied to TS.(Tractor Supply)

Back
Top Bottom