Are Australorps doclie

Esrun

Songster
Jan 29, 2024
How are Austalorps with kids and other chickens? We are looking at Orpingtons bc we have 3 bantams already that they’ll have to be ok with (we have a back up plan if not) but I’ve come across the Australorps, too.

How are Austalorps with kids and other chickens? We are looking at Orpingtons bc we have 3 bantams already that they’ll have to be ok with (we have a back up plan if not) but I’ve come across the Australorps, too.
Australorps are some of the best out there when it comes to temperament
they're super sweet. I had an all-Australorp flock once and I accidentally taught them to come when I called.
good egg layers too.

My Australorp is sweet and a good layer!
She doesnt always like to be picked up but will come to you for food and to be pet.
She layed eggs during negative 20 weather.

Australorps are not a bossy, pushy breed when it comes to pecking order. Careful, or the bantams will bully them.
This is good to know. Our sebright is the absolute queen of the pack. She even crows like a rooster 🤦🏻‍♀️ every. Single. Morning.

I have often had BO and BA's - they work well together and I like a mixed flock. My concern is with the bantams - some people can get them to be together just fine, and sometimes it does not work. A lot depends on your coop and run set up, but be aware it might not work. Some birds just do not work well together.

Back
Top Bottom