Anyone use Revolution (Selamectin) for roundworm?

Well Revolution won’t help with Roundworm. You will need to get the right medication usually a dewormer like panacur or whatever the vet prescribes.

I messaged a friend of mine that is an avian vet (perks of being a veterinary technician is that I have lots of vet contacts). She said in theory, Revolution should work for roundworm. It is used often (off label) for external parasites. She said it wouldn't hurt. I might give it a try since I do have plenty (again, vet tech samples). I might bring in a couple fecal samples to work in a month or so and check the results.

I messaged a friend of mine that is an avian vet (perks of being a veterinary technician is that I have lots of vet contacts). She said in theory, Revolution should work for roundworm. It is used often (off label) for external parasites. She said it wouldn't hurt. I might give it a try since I do have plenty (again, vet tech samples). I might bring in a couple fecal samples to work in a month or so and check the results.
Can you post a picture of the exact Revolution you are talking about?

What about chemical residue and egg withdrawal?

Most avian veterinarians are doing caged birds like parrots, and have little or no experience with poultry. What's fine to use on critters who aren't in our food chain doesn't relate to products that are okay in our foods. this applies to all chickens, because their eggs are eaten, and so are they.
There's a difference between 'off label' but good to use, and something that's best not introduced to our eggs and perhaps meat.
Also, Revolution works differently in different species, so assuming that it will do what you plan for it, and the dosage, is just a guessing game.
There are effective and approved products (also cheaper!) that work well, with no egg withdrawal, so use them!!!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom