Anyone raise Egyptian geese?

Tony

Songster
Jan 16, 2008
Connecticut
I have an egytian goose female that free ranges with my rouens,swedish,mixed breeds and indian runner (he`s not normal, he stands like the other ducks, not one bit upright like a penguin) Will my egyptian goose breed with my 3 domestics males, is it genetically possible?
Do they pair up for life and therefore will not be interested in a part time mate as most rouens,swedish etc, are? Should I separate them and try to find her a mate? They all get along great, no problems ever. thanks Tony

We raise egyptians, but ours are penned seperate from our other breeds. If your goose gets along with everyone, you can leave her with them. Generally egyptians are aggressive and don't mix well with others. But there are always exceptions. If you decide to get a male egyptian, I would seperate them from the flock, just because a male in breeding season will be very aggressive. If you have other breeds of geese, I guess it is possible they could fertilize her eggs, but they could hurt her due to the size difference. Ducks can't cross with geese, so no worries there. Have fun with them.
Christie
smile.png

tony where did you get your egyption goose . I live in Ma and i cant find any for sale any wheres . If you ever want to re-home yours let me know . o ri could trade you 5 canadian geese for your egyption lol
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom